Many adults who have lost natural teeth are choosing dental implants. Dental implants restore the facility, comfort, and function of natural teeth, giving back the pleasure of eating and laughter without fear of embarrassment. If you are missing teeth, discuss your options, including implant dentistry, with Dr. Rice during a private consultation in our Elgin, IL office.
Dr. Rice is the dental implant dentist to go to in Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs for implant dentistry. Why?
- His skill in placing each tooth implant.
- His cosmetic dentistry experience and artistry that results in beautiful restorations such as crowns, bridges, or dentures to fit on top of the dental implants.
- Dr. Rice cares about your safety and the success of the implant dentistry procedure that he uses a 3D CT scanner create a 3D image of your jaw to find the exact location to place the tooth implant, allowing him to keep nerves and other structures healthy, while also determining bone density and quantity to determine if implants will be successful or if a bone graft is needed.
- The advanced healing process he uses for his patients (see below).
- He has sedation dentistry available for those who need it.
- He offers a variety of tooth implant options including All-on-4 “teeth in a day” dental implant solution (by Nobel Biocare as an alternative to ClearChoice) which gives full dentures on 4 implants and the SynCone removable implant-supported dentures solution.
If you live in St. Charles, Bartlett, Rockford, or even around the world, it is worth the trip to Elgin, IL for implant dentistry by Dr. David Rice.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are medical devices that replace the root portion of missing natural teeth.
A tooth implant is a strong, cylindrical post that is placed below the gums in the upper or lower jawbone. Part of the tooth implant extends through the gums and serves as an anchor for one or more artificial teeth.
A tooth implant may be used to support a single artificial tooth or several teeth. Because they are firmly anchored into the jawbone, artificial teeth supported by dental implants provide the look, feel, stability, and function of natural teeth.
How can dental implants benefit me?
Dental implants offer the best appearance possibilities available in dentistry.
Many of our patients in the Bartlett and Elgin area have chosen implant dentistry to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or to support partial or full dentures. Dental implants are the closest thing to natural teeth; they can help you be confident in your teeth.
It is important for you to know that your teeth are stable while eating, allow you to speak properly, and eliminate the bulkiness and sore gums sometimes associated with dentures. With dental implants, you can start over and have a renewed self-confidence.
Am I a good candidate for implant dentistry?
Elgin dental implant dentist Dr. David Rice can help you decide if you are eligible for a tooth implant. In fact, your health is more of a factor than your age.
In most cases, you are a good candidate for implant dentistry if you:
- Are in good health
- Don’t use tobacco
- Have good oral hygiene
How Can I Stay Comfortable During A Tooth Implants Procedure?
At David Rice DDS, we offer a variety of ways to ensure patient comfort during all our dental procedures. One of the most popular relaxation methods is sedation dentistry.
For dental implant placement, we provide IV sedation. With IV sedation, patients are given an intravenous sedative. This procedure is stronger than nitrous oxide or oral sedation, but not as intensive as total general anesthesia. Our practice generally uses either Midazolam or Versed IV anesthesia medications.
With this form of sedation dentistry, patients can stay calm and deeply relaxed but still feel in control during their tooth implants procedure.
Healing After Receiving Dental Implants
PRGF™-Endoret™ technology, created by the Biotechnology Institute, uses a patient’s own blood to speed both healing time and tissue regeneration. Creating a platelet concentrate from a patient’s own plasma for use during the dental implants surgery helps Dr. Rice’s patients recover more quickly.
This innovative protocol is completely bio-compatible and safe for patients, resulting in no observed negative side effects. Studies have shown that this procedure can accelerate healing mechanisms in the body by up to 40%, dramatically shortening the post-op recovery period for implant dentistry patients.
Contact Dr. Rice’s office today in the Elgin, Bartlett and St Charles IL area to set up your free initial consultation, and learn more about your options with dental implants. Please give us a call using the number above or fill out the form on this page.